[GRASS-dev] Re: r.neighbors modification

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Nov 24 06:16:32 EST 2006

Hello Hamish,

thanks for your comments, I added most of them but a few questions remain:

On Friday 24 November 2006 07:38, Hamish wrote:
> Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > I wrote a short neighbourhood ring analysis for average and
> > variance analysis (currently only up to 11x11 but I will add rings up
> > to  21x21).
> > Hamish advice how to improve a script (v.cellstats threat) is partly
> > incorporated but I am grateful for any further suggestions how to
> > improve this  script.
>
> Hi,
>
> just a few more comments-
>
> this only has to happen once:
> #%Module
> #%END

done

> you might combine all those flags into one option,
> #%option
> #% key: size
> #% type: integer
> #% answer: 5
> #% required : no
> #%END

very good - implemented

> (defaults and not abreviating in descriptions [these get built into help
> pages, translated, etc] are nice)

that means that in
it is nicer not to use abbreviations, because they are shown in help pages
etc., right?

> you call a "cleanup" fn but don't define one.

I think you mean this part:

# what to do in case of user break:
exitprocedure()
{
 echo "User break!" 1>&2
 cleanup
 exit 1
}
# shell check for user break (signal list: trap -l)
trap "exitprocedure" 2 3 15
## copy from r.univar.sh - end

how do I only call a "cleanup"?

thanks, Martin