[GRASS-dev] spam in bug tracker

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Oct 1 07:12:22 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:
> Glynn Clements wrote:

>>> I do not think this is feasabl; humans cannot beat robots that fill
>>> out  webforms.

For the time being we've been able to remove all the spam BT tickets
manually.

Also considering that the spam is currently being added manually to the
existing tickets in our BT, I think we could also remove that manually,
if it was technically possible. Only that the person in charge should
be informed about each new BT modification by email (that's currently
impossible in our BT as I was told; would Gforge tracker provide such
option?). I woulnd't mind to be that person.

Only if there is nobody willing to take care of spam in BT (eg. I quit
in future) or if the amount of spam making through is beyond a few
minutes work a day, the anonymous access should be limited. Otherwise
we should keep the BT system open for anyone if possible.

Maciek