[GRASS-dev] spam in bug tracker

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 2 04:28:04 EDT 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 16:16, Markus Neteler wrote:
> ... but: we don't have an admin outside of Intevation AFAIK...

True, I have meant superuser rights on the machine.

> (who could also change Harmish to Hamish in RT).

You or Hamish can do that as far as I know.

> I feel that GRASS folks would love to switch the BT now,
> what does Intevation think? Besides the spam problem, we
> basically have the missing patch management problem in RT.

It is fine to start using the Gforge Tracker of wald.intevation.org now
for GRASS. We need a migration policy of course.
And the decision how many project for GRASS we want to register on wald.
Should we seperate grass-windows or grass-doc or not?
My feeling is: We do not want to seperate, yet.

For phase a) we would only enter new issues in the gforge tracker
and keep the old tracker.
Also possible: If an issue is acted upon, transfer if to the tracker.

Next we need a script to transfer the 500 open issues to the new tracker.
Also there is the decision of where to archive the handled issues.
My suggestion would be to keep the request-tracker running for documentation
purposes.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)