[GRASS-dev] request tracker r.null -n bug

Joel Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:32:17 EDT 2006

How are we meant to submit bugs at the current time?

Request tracker via the website and via email tells me I don't have
permission to submit to the queue (frustratingly it only mentions this
after submitting the bug.

In the meantime, here is the bug report:

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86_64
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: GRASS 6.1.cvs (2006)

the -n option is supposed to only do work (ie create a null bitmap) if
the null bitmap doesn't already exist. Currently always does it.

only_null is the flag option and is only referred to in null.c in the
following if statement:

if(only_null && !G_find_file(element, "null", mapset))
{
     sprintf (buf, "%s doesn't have null bitmap file! Exiting", name);
     G_warning(buf);
     exit(0);
}

It should probably be:

if(!only_null && !G_find_file(element, "null", mapset))
{
     sprintf (buf, "%s doesn't have null bitmap file! Exiting", name);
     G_warning(buf);
     exit(0);
}

and have another test for checking whether the file does exist and -n
is set. i.e.

--
-Joel

"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."
                -- Aeschylus