[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS file locking

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Oct 3 04:54:20 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I remember a few messages being posted on this list a while
ago that refered to troubles with the Windows file locking
mechanism and the native version of GRASS for Windows.

Apparently, there is a whole bunch of Windows tools around
that target exactly this problem. The best one seems to
be Unlocker:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

It's freeware and unfortunately I could not find any source code
on the webpage, but maybe the author would be willing to share
some expertise?
The program's webpage also lists many other Windows programs
that deal with the same problem, maybe one of them will be
available as source code?

Best,

Benjamin

--