[GRASS-dev] Vote for your favorite zoom out

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 21:17:02 EDT 2006

> > Thierry Laronde wrote:
> > > FWIW, in the original v.digit(1) (and present in the KerGIS
> > > version) was the "widen window" option.
..
> > > I didn't understand why this was nuked in GPL GRASS version.
> >
> > do you mean the mode present in GRASS 5's v.digit, or was there
> > something else present in the pre-GPL days?
>
> Existing in the pre-GPL days. I first used GRASS in the GPL version
> 5.0. It was already not there.

ok, got it.

I was wondering if you were differentiating between GRASS 4 and 5 or
more generally GPL GRASS (ver5&6) and KerGIS bases.

> And the "GPL GRASS" mention is not a criticism,

not taken as such.

> Since there _are_ main differences between the GPL GRASS and the
> original, we (or at least I) feel the need to name exactly what
> version I'm referring to.

And it's good to do so. I didn't realize the v.digit in GRASS 5 was new
for GRASS 5.

> And part of the hard work for me is precisely to put the zooming
> functions (based on the DRAWLIB [previously named RASTERLIB] and
> CURSESTKLIB [previously named VASKLIB]) into one toolkit lib so that
> there is, when possible, one zooming version consistent accross the
> different graphical programs.

aside: will KerGIS stick with Curses/TclTk for the GUI or switch to
something more "modern"?

Hamish