[GRASS-dev] r.mapcalc and g.remove --v/q issues

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 08:11:18 EDT 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> $ g.remove rast=dummy --v
> REMOVE [dummy]
..
> g3dcell MISSING
>
> BTW, I'd like to ask again what is the g3dcell?

3D raster map created with r3.*
?

> Talking of g.remove - could the following types should be disposed in
> GRASS 7?:
>
> 1. sites - there is no sites functionality in Grass>=5.7

actually there is, see lib/sites/README
by 7.0 this may be gone though.

> 4? icon - I don't know, propably too? what is it?

this should stay. A user (without write access to $GISBASE) can have their
own vector symbols in their a mapset. (icon=basic/circle and friends)
probably change the name to symbol.

> 5. oldvect

backwards compatibility with GRASS 5, keep as long as we keep v.convert.

> 6. asciivect

v.out.ascii / v.in.ascii used to store format=standard data in a folder
in the mapset. keep for backwards compatibility with GRASS 5, keep as
long as we keep v.convert.

> Same applies to g.copy/rename/list

types should be listed in g.list help page.

Hamish