[GRASS-dev] gis.m in wingrass: using where clause in d.vect causes error :can't read "_data(.gronsole.gronsole, 9, donecmd)": no such element in array

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Oct 8 18:56:22 EDT 2006

I was holding off on replying to this, waiting for a windows reply.
And, this issue was brought up mid-Sept also, I guess a solution
wasn't found then.

The Mac problem had to do with using TclTk Aqua vs. X11.  For Aqua
the osxaqua=1 env must be set, or you get this error.  Maybe if you
look at what setting osxaqua makes GRASS do differently with the
GUI?  There are a couple settings in init.sh dependent on osxaqua, I
never looked to see if it's used elsewhere.

This is the Mac bug:

http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5096&display=History

On Oct 9, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Something along this line popped up in a Mac installation. I think
> it was a
> colleague of William Kyngesburye, so I'm copying him here. In that
> case
> there was something missing in the installation that finally turned
> out to
> be the problem.
>
> Michael
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671
>

>> From: Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
>> Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 10:30:22 +0200 (CEST)
>> To: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>, <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>> Cc: <grass-dev at grass.itc.it>
>> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] gis.m in wingrass: using where clause in
>> d.vect
>> causes error :can't read "_data(.gronsole.gronsole,9, donecmd)":
>> no such
>> element in array

>>> also seen on Linux, GRASS versions 6.3 and 6.2-rc1  IF you put the
>>> query in the "query cat values" box by mistake.
>>
>> I am not near a windows box right now, but I am quite positive
>> that this
>> is not the problem here. I entered the query in the where box, not
>> the cat
>> box.
>>
>> But I'll make sure tomorrow.
>>
>> Moritz

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe