[GRASS-dev] vectors invisible if has layer2 but no layer1

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Oct 12 09:43:39 EDT 2006

Patton, Eric wrote:
> I guess it's easier to have some layer chosen by default to allow
> _something_ to be drawn - layer one seems as good a choice as any.

Only if you have something in layer 1.

Moreover if you have data in eg. layer 1 and 2, by default you will see
only those from layer 1. This might puzzle the user. Shouldn't he see
all his vector features by default?

> Besides,
> it would be really annoying if the default layer was turned off and had to
> be explicitly given each time.

Then why not not layer=-1 by default?

I'm not insisting, just asking if there is a good argument against that.

Maciek