[GRASS-dev] [bug #5204] (grass) grass6.3 - gis.m: can't read

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 12 14:02:49 EDT 2006

This probably has to do with a recent update (not by me) to use generic
system-wide fonts. The TclTk code *was* using a TclTk font as a default, and
lifting a line height value from the font spec (variable lineht). This has
been changed to use the default fonts specified in option.tcl. In general,
this is fine, but I suspect that either those fonts need to specified a bit
differently or the variables in which the default font strings are stored
needs to be declared as global in the thematic.tcl code in the correct
procedure.

I'll look into it, but just discovered that my version of d.vect.thematic is
no longer working because of a "which awk" statement that was added
(when??). This test fails on my Mac, even though I have awk. It looks like
"which" is a csh term, at least on my system, not a bash term. I don't know
at the moment if this is an issue my Mac binary or with the script.

So I'll have to futz with the whole thing to test. If someone else wants to
do some checking too while I'm trying to deal with the awk thing, I suggest
the following. In thematic.tcl, change...

proc GmThematic::create { tree parent } {
    variable opt
    variable count
    variable dup
    variable lfile
    variable lfilemask
    variable optlist
    global iconpath

to...

proc GmThematic::create { tree parent } {
    variable opt
    variable count
    variable dup
    variable lfile