[GRASS-user] RE: [GRASS-dev] Can't create locations using EPSG codes

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 14:00:28 EDT 2006

Hello Eric

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Patton, Eric wrote:

> One thing that I just noticed is that my epsg file isn't in the standard
> location as the default path of /usr/local/share/proj/epsg given in the
> Grass startup screen. My epsg is in /usr/share/proj/epsg - but I specify
> this path to the startup window, so it should just get passed verbatim.
> Could that make any difference?

This file isn't used for anything unless you select to browse EPSG codes
(which simply displays this file). So should make no difference even if it
isn't there.

Does the start-up GUI hide error messages? Can you try it from the
command-line and post what you type and what happens? Try something like:
g.proj -c location=newloc proj4=+init=epsg:XXXX

Paul