[GRASS-dev] Re: 6.2 epsg version

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Oct 19 09:43:11 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 10:16:33AM +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Frank has re-added them in PROJ4-CVS.
>
> Note that the nad/epsg file does not affect GRASS, we are using the
> .csv files from gdal/data/.

And the .csv files from gdal/data/ are created based on EPSG database,
is that correct?

> Indeed, the nad/epsg file is only displayed in the startup GUI, unfortunately
> the codes aren't even selectable from there.

> So I don't see anything which needs to be done there unless
> EPSG reaches a version > 6.11.1

I'm only wondering if other codes, besides the 2172-2175 I know of,
were removed too. Because if that would be the case, they would be
missing in GDAL too, thus in GRASS as well. Frank would need to
manually add them back like he did with 2172-2175, or wait for the
fixed EPSG release.

Let's at least wait until Roger Lott finds out whether any more
corruption, besides that we know of, took place in EPSG 6.11.

Maciek