[GRASS-dev] Re: 6.2 epsg version

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Oct 19 09:24:18 EDT 2006

Maciej,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 10:16:33AM +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > (cc list)

> >> do you want to sync GRASS to epsg 6.11.1 before releasing 6.2?
> >> (no idea what the .1 adds, maybe current 6.11 is fine...)
>
> The latest EPSG version is buggy (the one Frank used in PROJ 4.5 beta).
> At least 4 CS definition have been removed in error. I have informed
> Roger Lott of EPSG about it and he confirmed this will be fixed. He
> also said that the fix is going to be committed soon, maybe even this
> week. First they need to find the reason of the erroreous deletion of
> valid definitions, though. Frank Warmerdam is also informed about the
> issue and kept posted, so he should be able to sync his software once
> the fix is commited. GRASS should follow.

Frank has re-added them in PROJ4-CVS.

Note that the nad/epsg file does not affect GRASS, we are using the
.csv files from gdal/data/.
Indeed, the nad/epsg file is only displayed in the startup GUI, unfortunately
the codes aren't even selectable from there.

> > Yes. I have done it already some hours ago.
> > Some important fixes have been done which were discovered
> > and needed for preparing the OSGeo North Carolina Edu dataset.
> > And the EPSG people really quickly responded and issued 6.11.1.
>
> Maciek

So I don't see anything which needs to be done there unless
EPSG reaches a version > 6.11.1 .

Markus