[GRASS-dev] Re: 6.2 epsg version

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Oct 19 04:16:33 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> (cc list)
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:55:03AM +1300, Hamish wrote:
>> Frank wrote:
>>> OK, I somewhat botched the last release numbering, so I've lept ahead
>>> to beta4 assuming the last was really beta3.  This beta includes
>>> the Roussilhe Stereographic projection (copied from libproj4), as well
>>> as an update to EPSG 6.11.1 (at Markus Neteler's request).
>>
>> do you want to sync GRASS to epsg 6.11.1 before releasing 6.2?
>> (no idea what the .1 adds, maybe current 6.11 is fine...)

The latest EPSG version is buggy (the one Frank used in PROJ 4.5 beta).
At least 4 CS definition have been removed in error. I have informed
Roger Lott of EPSG about it and he confirmed this will be fixed. He
also said that the fix is going to be committed soon, maybe even this
week. First they need to find the reason of the erroreous deletion of
valid definitions, though. Frank Warmerdam is also informed about the
issue and kept posted, so he should be able to sync his software once
the fix is commited. GRASS should follow.

> Yes. I have done it already some hours ago.
> Some important fixes have been done which were discovered
> and needed for preparing the OSGeo North Carolina Edu dataset.
> And the EPSG people really quickly responded and issued 6.11.1.

Maciek