[GRASS-dev] RE: [GRASS-user] r.in.xyz: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Oct 21 08:26:46 EDT 2006

Patton, Eric wrote:

> >> I may need some pointers on using gdb, as this is my first time. But
> >> hopefully this backtrace will be useful.
>
> >Not really. This is heap corruption; the backtrace corresponds to the
> >point where the corruption was detected, which is usually long after
> >the corruption actually occurred.
>

> Ok. Can gdb be tweaked to produce more meaninful/relevant output in regards
> to this error?

No. By the time that corruption is detected, any information which
would help to identify the problem has been lost.

Although, in this case, it appears that it really is a double-free
(the error message says "double free or corruption"; the latter is
more common), and the location to which the backtrace refers
(main.c:468) is the second free.