[GRASS-dev] r.mapcalc addition

Joel Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 21:57:06 EDT 2006

Hi all,

It'd be great if someone could commit the attached addition to r.mapcalc

It basically allows one to specify the seed for random number
generation by adding a new function "erand(a,b,s)" which takes a and b
as the lower and upper limit, and s is a seed that is used to initiate
the pseudo random number generator.

This is useful in modelling and simulation so that particular
replicates can be rerun exactly.

If it needs any extra work let me know and I'll make the changes.

patched files (r.mapcalc.diff):
raster/r.mapcalc/function.c
raster/r.mapcalc/Makefile
raster/r.mapcalc/func_proto.h
raster/r.mapcalc/r.mapcalc.html

additional file with erand function code:
raster/r.mapcalc/xerand.c

Cheers,

--
-Joel

"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."
                -- Aeschylus