[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #5200] (grass) d.what.vect: WARNING: Color: can't set color 50331648

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 03:40:45 EDT 2006

> >> BTW, do we need "Done." message in d.what.vect? d.what.rast doesn't
> >> print it...
>
> > It's there so when called from d.m, in the terminal window the last
              ^^^^
> > text changes from:
>
> That is not correct. It is there no matter how you call d.what.vect.
> Eg. do d.what.vect -x from terminal - the last module's word is still
> always: "Done."

It is there no matter how you call d.what.vect, correct.
IIRC, it was put there *because* it isn't clear that d.m has moved on.

> > middle click to change flash color doesn't seem to work for me (?)
..
> Ha, so here's the problem: the -f switch. It is hardcoded into d.m
> (etc/dm/vector.tcl). While querying vectors it always flashes *black*
> for me. The middle switch doesn't change the flash color for me
> either. This is not a d.m issue, as this also happens even when I call
> d.what.vect -f (with or without -x) from terminal - I keep on getting:
>
> WARNING: Color: can't set color 33554432
> WARNING: Color: can't set color 50331648
> WARNING: Color: can't set color 50331648
>
> This is not a new issue. It croped up *about* a month ago.

I only get black for flash color as well, in 6.3-cvs. In 6.2 the middle
click to change flash color works ok (and the default is yellow).

there haven't been big changes to d.what.vect since the 6.2 branch was
created,

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/display/d.what.vect/

so this is probably similar to the d.graph color= bugs that only became
apparent when Glynn reworked the drawing libs. (??)

flash_basecolr in what.c is set to 5 [YELLOW from color.h], and that
gets passed to flash_area() and flash_line() in flash.c. This values
makes it through to R_color(flash_colr) ok, and after the line/area is
drawn R_flush() is called, but no yellow line/area... ??

Hamish