[GRASS-dev] floating values stored in tables with max 6 decimal points

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Oct 24 04:47:37 EDT 2006

Hi,

Try the following. I think it is a bug. There seems no reason why
vectors couldn't have floating point attributes with more than 6
decimal points:

$ r.mapcalc 'map=0.0000001'
$ r.to.vect input=map output=mapv feature=point
$ d.vect mapv
$ d.what.vect

You get zeros, while it should return 0.0000001. If I examine the dbf
in oocalc, there are zeros indeed!

Moreover, even when I create a datable some other way (eg. a dbf in
oocalc) and it has numbers with 7 decimal places stored, d.what.vect,
v.to.db, v.db.select round the output down, so that eg. 0.0000001
becomes 0.

Looks like a silent data corruption.

Maciek