[GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal rewritten

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:42:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

2006/10/25, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>:

> > > don't hardcode the available formats. They will depend on the local
> > > installation of GDAL, and what configure flags it was built with,
> > > and as such options will vary widely. If you hard code it you impose
> > > an artificial barrier to optional and future raster formats.
> > >
> > > depend on "r.out.gdal -l" and examples (GTiff) instead.
>
> Vytautas wrote:
> > List of avaible formats in format options is now generated dynamicly.
>

>         G_gisinit (argv[0]);
>
> +       /* Init GDAL */
> +       GDALAllRegister();
> +
>         module = G_define_module();
> [..]
> +
> +       supported_formats(&gdal_formats);
> +
>         format = G_define_option();
>         format->key = "format";
>         format->type = TYPE_STRING;
>         format->description = _("GIS format to write (case sensitive, see also -l flag)");
> -       format->options = "AAIGrid,BMP,BSB,DTED,ELAS,ENVI,FIT,GIF,GTiff,HFA,JPEG,MEM,MFF,MFF2,N
> ITF,PAux,PNG,PNM,VRT,XPM";
> +       /* format->options = "AAIGrid,BMP,BSB,DTED,ELAS,ENVI,FIT,GIF,GTiff,HFA,JPEG,MEM,MFF,MFF
> 2,NITF,PAux,PNG,PNM,VRT,XPM"; */
> +       if (gdal_formats)
> +               format->options = G_store (gdal_formats);
> +       else
> +               G_fatal_error (_("Unknown GIS formats"));
> +
>         format->answer = "GTiff";
>         format->required = NO;
>
> [..]
>
>         if (G_parser(argc,argv)) exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
>

> it is bad to put any non parser code before G_parser():
>
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/12473/
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/5224
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/12446/
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/7169

OK, you are right, on the other hand I don't know how to set
format->options dynamically based on GDAL installation without coding
before G_parser () function. So might I ask you how to solve this
problem?

Thanks!, best regards Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *