[GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 6 07:12:40 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I'm having a problem building libraster now.  I get a bunch of
> multiple definitions errors between the linked pngdriver and psdriver
> when linking the raster library.
>
> _true_color
> _height
> _width
> _init_color_table

Can you find out whether the Mac linker has an option to ignore
duplicate symbols (at least for the case where none of the symbols are
actually being imported)?

If it does, adding that switch to the definition of SHLIB_LD in
SC_CONFIG_CFLAGS (in aclocal.m4) is the appropriate solution.

If it doesn't, I can give these functions/variables unique names, but
that's really just a workaround; this issue is likely to crop up again
in the future.