[GRASS-dev] Unused files

Daniel Calvelo dca.gis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:12:02 EDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> There are currently 78 source files whose functions don't appear to be
> used by anything.
>
> Some of these may be used by components which aren't being compiled on
> my system, and some have been added with the intention of future use.
> OTOH, some of them may simply be obsolete.
>
> Please provide comments as to whether specific files should or
> shouldn't be removed.

[...]

>  lib/db/sqlp/print.c               | sqpPrintStmt

This is used in sqlp/test and should be useful in debugging; I'd keep it.

>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_add_col.c    | db_add_column
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_bindupdate.c | db_bind_update
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_createdb.c   | db_create_database
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_delete.c     | db_delete
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_deletedb.c   | db_delete_database
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_drop_col.c   | db_drop_column
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_drop_index.c | db_drop_index
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_drop_tab.c   | db_drop_table
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_finddb.c     | db_find_database
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_insert.c     | db_insert
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_list_idx.c   | db_list_indexes
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_listdb.c     | db_list_databases
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_openinsert.c | db_open_insert_cursor
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_openupdate.c | db_open_update_cursor
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_update.c     | db_update
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/c_version.c    | db_gversion
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/printtab.c     | db_print_column_definition
>  lib/db/dbmi_client/printtab.c     | db_print_table_definition
>  lib/db/dbmi_driver/d_mkdir.c      | db_driver_mkdir

Aren't these template functions and files to develop new drivers?

>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPClose
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPComputeExtents
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPCreate
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPCreateObject
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPCreateSimpleObject
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPDestroyObject
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPGetInfo
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPOpen
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPPartTypeName
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPReadObject
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPRewindObject
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPTypeName
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPWriteHeader
>  lib/external/shapelib/shpopen.c   | SHPWriteObject

Since we are relying on OGR for shapefile access, I suppose shapelib
is kept as a fallback. No point in keeping it, IMO.

Can't comment on the rest.

Daniel.

--
-- Daniel Calvelo Aros