[GRASS-dev] nviz crashes on MacOSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Apr 20 09:52:14 EDT 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 6:03 AM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> I did NOT start from the terminal, I doubled click on the
> application. The Xlib message only showed up once, the tcltk
> messages several times but they are gone now. However nviz still
> crashes.
> http://smigol2.uv.es/nviz_crashing.mov

Sorry.  But now it's making sense - as Glynn suggested, somehow
during the build NVIZ is linking to /usr/libtcl and /usr/libtk.
These are the symlinks in the system to the system Tcl and Tk
frameworks.  As far as Glynn's suggestion of creating these symlinks
to /usr/local/tcltk copies, you shouldn't mess with system stuff (/
usr/lib).

What is the link command show for nviz when you build grass? it's
built as nvwish so search for that in the make output.

There should be no -L/usr/lib in there.  That's a default dir for GCC
and manually adding it somehow can mess up linking priorities, like
what is happening here.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe