[GRASS-dev] g.copy bug?

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Apr 24 04:36:31 EDT 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 20:27, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > g.copy from mapsetA -> mapsetB does not work witht the most current cvs
> > version.
> >
> > if I run g.copy rast=old at mapsetX,test1725heute
> >
> > d.rast test1725heute
> > WARNING: can't read range file for [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > WARNING: color support for [test1725heute] in mapset [habitat_amount]
> >          missing
> > ERROR: Color file for [test1725heute] not available
> >

> > r.support test1725heute
> > WARNING: Can't open header file for [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > Edit header for [test1725heute]? (y/n) [y]
> > Edit header for [test1725heute at habitat_amount]
> > WARNING: unable to open raster map [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > ERROR: Cannot open raster map [test1725heute]!
> > WARNING: Can't open header file for [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > ERROR: Canceling from edit header.
> >
> > r.info test1725heute
> > WARNING: Can't open header file for [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > WARNING: category support for [test1725heute] in mapset [habitat_amount]
> >          missing
> > WARNING: can't get history information for [test1725heute] in mapset
> >          [habitat_amount]
> > WARNING: can't read range file for [test1725heute in habitat_amount]
> > ERROR: could not read range file
> >
> > unfortunately my grass6 / 62 Debian versions are broken hence I cannot
> > test it using these releases.
> >
> > can anybody report this bug as well?
>
> I can't reproduce this with a 2-day-version, which is after the recent
> changes involving qualified names. I tried:
>
> 	$ g.mapsets mapset=glynn
> 	$ g.mapsets -p
> 	glynn
> 	$ g.copy elevation.dem at PERMANENT,foo
> 	Copy raster <elevation.dem at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <foo>
> 	$ ls /opt/grass-data/spearfish57/glynn/cell_misc/foo/
> 	null  range
>
> There may be other factors involved; can you create a minimal location
> which demonstrates the issue?

I did it with spearfish

g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy

same error message with compilation from yesterday.

I finished cvs update, make clean, distclean, ./configure, make, make install
and now I get:

g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy2>
Speicherzugriffsfehler

(-> Memory access error)

GRASS error or Linux problem? (Debian unstable)

r.info testcopy2
WARNING: Can't open header file for [testcopy2 in anna]
WARNING: category support for [testcopy2] in mapset [anna] missing
WARNING: can't get history information for [testcopy2] in mapset [anna]
WARNING: can't read range file for [testcopy2 in anna]
ERROR: could not read range file

BTW I commented \visualization out due to errors in make - but that should not
affect it, should it?

> > BTW is there a way to move raster between mapsets?
>
> Change to destination, g.copy, change to source, g.remove.
>
> There isn't a faster way; you can't modify mapsets other than the
> current one.

well, stupid question - then I change destination as usual. thanks.

Martin