[GRASS-dev] g.copy bug?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Apr 24 15:04:59 EDT 2007

Martin Wegmann wrote:

> > I can't reproduce this with a 2-day-version, which is after the recent
> > changes involving qualified names. I tried:
> >
> > 	$ g.mapsets mapset=glynn
> > 	$ g.mapsets -p
> > 	glynn
> > 	$ g.copy elevation.dem at PERMANENT,foo
> > 	Copy raster <elevation.dem at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <foo>
> > 	$ ls /opt/grass-data/spearfish57/glynn/cell_misc/foo/
> > 	null  range
> >
> > There may be other factors involved; can you create a minimal location
> > which demonstrates the issue?
>
> I did it with spearfish
>
> g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy
>
> same error message with compilation from yesterday.
>
> I finished cvs update, make clean, distclean, ./configure, make, make install
> and now I get:
>
> g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
> Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy2>
> Speicherzugriffsfehler
>
> (-> Memory access error)
>
> GRASS error or Linux problem? (Debian unstable)

Works fine here.

	$ g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
	Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy2>
	$ r.info testcopy2
	 | Layer:    testcopy2                      Date: Mon Nov  5 10:55:57 2001    |
	 | Mapset:   glynn                          Login of Creator: neteler         |
	 | Location: spearfish57                                                      |
	 | DataBase: /opt/grass-data                                                  |
	 | Title:    aspect in degrees from east ( aspect )                           |
	 | timestamp: none                                                            |

Could you try it under gdb, e.g.:

	$ gdb g.copy
	> run rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
	[segfault]

?

> r.info testcopy2
> WARNING: Can't open header file for [testcopy2 in anna]
> WARNING: category support for [testcopy2] in mapset [anna] missing
> WARNING: can't get history information for [testcopy2] in mapset [anna]
> WARNING: can't read range file for [testcopy2 in anna]
> ERROR: could not read range file
>

> BTW I commented \visualization out due to errors in make - but that should not
> affect it, should it?

No.