[GRASS-dev] g.copy bug?

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 25 05:23:57 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 21:04, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > > I can't reproduce this with a 2-day-version, which is after the recent
> > > changes involving qualified names. I tried:
> > >
> > > 	$ g.mapsets mapset=glynn
> > > 	$ g.mapsets -p
> > > 	glynn
> > > 	$ g.copy elevation.dem at PERMANENT,foo
> > > 	Copy raster <elevation.dem at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <foo>
> > > 	$ ls /opt/grass-data/spearfish57/glynn/cell_misc/foo/
> > > 	null  range
> > >
> > > There may be other factors involved; can you create a minimal location
> > > which demonstrates the issue?
> >
> > I did it with spearfish
> >
> > g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy
> >
> > same error message with compilation from yesterday.
> >
> > I finished cvs update, make clean, distclean, ./configure, make, make
> > install and now I get:
> >
> > g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
> > Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy2>
> > Speicherzugriffsfehler
> >
> > (-> Memory access error)
> >
> > GRASS error or Linux problem? (Debian unstable)
>
> Works fine here.
>
> 	$ g.copy rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
> 	Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy2>
> 	$ r.info testcopy2
>
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>--+
>
> 	 | Layer:    testcopy2                      Date: Mon Nov  5 10:55:57 2001
> 	 |    | Mapset:   glynn                          Login of Creator: neteler
> 	 |         | Location: spearfish57
> 	 |              | DataBase: /opt/grass-data
> 	 |                   | Title:    aspect in degrees from east ( aspect )
> 	 |                        | timestamp: none
> 	 |                             |
>
> Could you try it under gdb, e.g.:
>
> 	$ gdb g.copy
>
> 	> run rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy2
>
> 	[segfault]
>
> 	> where

cvs update 1h ago
make distclean
rm -rf /usr/local/grass
./configure
make
make install

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60):~ > gdb g.copy
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy7
Starting program: /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/bin/g.copy
rast=aspect at PERMANENT,testcopy7
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
[New Thread -1225282800 (LWP 13535)]
Copy raster <aspect at PERMANENT> to current mapset as <testcopy7>

[Switching to Thread -1225282800 (LWP 13535)]
do_copy (n=0, old=0x804e7f8 "aspect", mapset=0x804e840 "PERMANENT",
new=0x804e810 "testcopy7") at do_copy.c:40
40              for (i = 0; i < list[n].nelem; i++)

BTW how can I check that the running version is really the most recent one -
just in case I did a mistake and I am still starting an "old" grass63-cvs
version?

Martin