[GRASS-dev] d.vect.chart legends

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 24 10:30:54 EDT 2007

Good idea. I'd recommend an option for this however. d.legend map=-
data=[file]/[string]

Smooth FP legends would be useful with non-thematic vector maps with many
objects and potential values--points representing K values for soils

Michael

On 4/24/07 12:56 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> d.legend idea:
>
> if data is fed from stdin (signaled by map=-) create categorical legend
> using that data. Data format: "cat|label|color"
>
> e.g.
>
> d.legend -m map="-" <<EOF
> 1|Main Street|255:0:0
> 2|Elm Street|0:255:0
> 3|Old Coach Road|0:0:255
> EOF
>

> in this way d.legend could work as a system module by the GUI instead of
> a user module, but be useful for non-raster tasks.
>
> question/future: allow smooth FP legends from stdin data for use with
> thematic vectors or stick with categorical legends?

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671