[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] Re: wxgrass won't work - how to set up digitization?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 05:07:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

2007/8/20, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:

> Does this mean we will have mission-critical elements (such as
> digitiation) in C++ ?

in C++ is written only minimalistic display driver (library) for
digitization tool which draws vector elements on map canvas. This
library is used only for rendering purposes (question of speed). C++
because wxWidgets is written in C++! It shouldn't case any problems.

> In view of all the problems this has caused in the
> past, I would strongly plead against this.

I am not sure what you refer to (r.terraflow pain is more connected
with the way how this module is written AFAIK).

Martin

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *