[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 23 01:04:38 EDT 2007

Massimo,

I checked into these 2 GUI issues.

#4) Works for me. It opens an xmon and a terminal with a prompt to pick a
vector network map. Your description of the menu entry suggests that you are
using an old version. I changed this menu entry several months ago when I
shortened all menus and changed menu nesting to more more than 2 subentries
deep. Now it should be vector->network analysis->display shortest route. Try
updating to a current version and see if it fixes it. If not, we need to
find out why the TclTk procedure guarantee_xmon is not producing a valid
list of xmons using d.mon -L. Try this command and see what happens.

#5) I have the same problem. It stems from the TclTk window being opened to
exactly the pixel height that bisects the last checkbox control. I don't
know why it is not opening a bit further by default. This is part of the
autogenerated TclTk dialogs for GRASS commands. I only very generally know
how this works. So I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll see if I can figure out
what is setting the window height.

Michael

On 8/22/07 12:03 PM, "massimo di stefano" <massimodisasha at yahoo.it> wrote:

> 4)
> from the gui menu :
>
> vector -> network analisys -> shortest route visualization only  (d.path)
>
> i have :
>
> can't read "xmonlist": no such variable
> can't read "xmonlist": no such variable
>     while executing
> "lindex $xmonlist 0"
>     (procedure "guarantee_xmon" line 16)
>     invoked from within
> "guarantee_xmon"
>     invoked from within
> ".#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu12 invoke active"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
>     (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 50)
>     invoked from within
> "tk::MenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu12 1"
>     (command bound to event)
>
> the same problem that affect "d.nviz" ?
>

> 5)
>
> starting the module v.build
>
> whent the gui of this module is started, i have a "crazy moving" of the window
> contents.
> resizing the window, moving the botton right corner of the tcl window fix the
> "crazy moving"
>
> need to change :(GRASS_WIDTH= , GRASS_HEIGHT=  ) ?

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213