[GRASS-dev] compile directions

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 24 12:41:52 EDT 2007

It seems to me that make distclean takes into account all possible modifications to makefiles, libraries, etc. I can't remember the number of times on the mailing list that folks have solved weird compile errors by make distclean after multiple failed attempts using make clean. I'm no authority on the subject, however.

FWIW, I make distclean after daily cvs updates to 6.3, and have never encountered any problems.

~ Eric.