[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS6.3 on Windows

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 25 19:02:17 EDT 2007

Moritz,

Update /gui/tcltk/gis.m/runandoutput.tcl from the cvs and see what happens.
I just made a change, suggested by Glynn, that fixed similar symptoms for
with with another command (v.what). v.what was kicking out extraneous
information when it launched and creating an identical dialog. I've
separated out stderr from the normal stdout information when commands are
launched from the menu and it works fine now.

Also, are you doing nviz from the menu (opens nviz dialog) or nviz from the
map display with a active raster map (launches nviz with the raster)?

Michael

On 8/25/07 3:04 PM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On Mon, August 20, 2007 22:38, Paul Kelly wrote:

>>> Just checked out latest CVS and recompiled, and now I get the following
>>> when I try to launch nviz from the menu (File -> 3D Rendering -> NVIZ):
>
> [...]
>

>>> When I display the spearfish DEM in a display window and then click on
>>> the
>>> nviz button of that window, nothing happens. No error messages, nothing
>>> except for a brief appearance of r.info.exe in the Windows task manager.
>

>> Hello Moritz,
>> Works for me starting it both those ways, and also from command-line. I
>> even tried make distclean and compiling from scratch in case there was
>> something I'd manually fixed that kept it working on my system.
>
> You are still using the May version of your library binaries ? Which
> version of tcl/tk ?
>
>> So I don't
>> know what could be up with yours.
>
> Just recompiled after distclean. I don't get the error message anymore
> (don't know if this has anything to do with Michael's "cathing" efforts).
> Now when I try to access nviz vie the File menu, it opens an empty wish
> window entitled  'dialog0' and nothing else happens. When I try to launch
> from the map diplay window, nothing happens at all.
>
> From the command line it runs perfectly, however.
>
>> Maybe you have an old nviz.exe lying
>> around in your PATH somewhere that is getting picked up when the GUI runs
>> "nviz", instead of Glynn's new nviz.bat?
>
> No can't find any other versions.
>
> Am a bit clueless as to what might cause this problem...
>
> Moritz

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University