[GRASS-dev] Re: Fix Help button in gis.m raster/vector display conf locks up gis.m

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:39:23 EST 2007

Hi Michael,

I'm really sorry for my english. Reading Linux realted RTFMs may not
be best way how to learn language.

I was saying, that --q gives NO output to console, without --q it
print that unneccessary message about "Starting browser...".

"exec g.manual d.rast > /dev/null &" will print same message "Starting
browser <konqueror> for module d.rast" to console. Where is $devnulls
defined? By simply adding "global devnulls" I had no success, thus I
used plain /dev/null for testing.

"spawn g.manual d.rast > /dev/null &" fails completly with error
message in console - "Sorry, <&> is not a valid parameter" (translated
from Latvian).

I wote for using "spawn g.manual --q module" as it gives best results.

Maris.

PS. Michael, have You updated Your g.manual module after 12. feb.
2007? I see, that --q support was introduced after 12 feb.