[GRASS-dev] GRASS-TNG

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 08:20:57 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:15 +0100, Radek Bartoň wrote:
> On Thursday 22 of February 2007 08:33:12 Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > So why not rewriting NVIZ from scratch (perhaps usin the paraview
> > approach)? *This* would be more or less feasible in one year, it would
> > not impact on other grass modules, and it would be *much* needed and
> > appreciated by the GRASS community, I think.
> > pc
> >
> > Radek Bartoň ha scritto:
> > > On Wednesday 21 of February 2007 18:05:51 Trevor Wiens wrote:
> >

> Actually this kind of project was one of I thought about first since I'm more
> oriented to CG and terrain visualization than GIS. It shouldn't be a NVIZ
> replacement but 3D real-time visualization tool reading data from GRASS.

I'll demonstrate my ignorance and suggest that blender/verse may be such
a tool waiting to become part of the suite: http://www.uni-verse.org/

I spoke with the verse developers at SIGGRAPH last year, and they
explained that the reason they make their channel information (such as
RGB or Z or whatever) all 64-bits is to support scientific
visualization.