[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][431] g.copy segmentation fault

Volker Wichmann wichmann at laserdata.at
Fri Jul 20 05:00:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

discussing this topic off-list it showed up that this topic is NOT
solved so far. I encounter the same error with a cvs install from
scratch (about 2 weeks old).

I tried some debugging, that's what I found:
do_copy.c (in .../general/manage/lib) seems to produce the segfault,
especially the function recursive_copy. I can't catch the return value
of this function as the segfault happens immediately after returning
from this function.
Within recursive_copy the /* src is a file */ section is entered, and
all "if" queries and "while" loops are simply passed.  The variables
that get set have the following values:
fd = 3
fd2 = 4
len = 0