[GRASS-dev] Re: Can't Read NLCD 2001 Erdas imagine files

Paul Van Deusen Paul_VanDeusen at uml.edu
Wed Mar 21 13:21:26 EDT 2007

Never mind.  I answered my own question.  I am using Fedora Core 6 and
the standard gdal rpm.
Apparently the rpm was not compiled with the Erdas imagine format.  I
downloaded the source
code from the gdal home page, compiled it, and now I can read the 2001
nlcd files.

Posssibly, its left out of the standard FC6 rpm because the Erdas
Imagine format is considered to be proprietary.
This begs the question as to why a Federal agency is making data
available in a proprietary format.