[GRASS-dev] Introduction

Prameet Chhabra Prameet.Chhabra at Sun.COM
Mon May 7 17:19:28 EDT 2007

Hello,

My Name is Prameet Chhabra and I am an engineer in Sun Microsystem's
Open source team, My charter is the port open source apps to Sun X64
Grid. Currently I am the individual working on GRASS evaluation and
subsequently porting the application to Solaris x64 (and eventually
intending to make the application available as a resource available on
Sun Grid).

In the eval phase I have a couple of questions if any one can help...

1. Is GRASS application parallelized to use either MPI/PVM or other
interface.
2. What % of native and what % of Java code (if any)

any responses will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Prameet Chhabra