[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Nviz on native Windows

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Sat May 19 13:25:01 EDT 2007

Paul,

The change to a script startup for nviz was at the request of other
developers.

Note that there are other ways to start nviz. If you have a command line
you can directly call the the binary (interpreter) with something
like ...
$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/nviz -f $GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script
-q
which is similar to calling "wish -f somefile.tcl"

Another way, which may be a better solution for windows is to edit the
nviz2.2_script file and replace "#!/nviz -f" with "#!
$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/nviz -f". You may need to enter the full path for
$GISBASE. After editing the file copy it to $GISBASE/bin/nviz
(overwriting the old nviz script). Make sure it is executable. Run nviz
(formerly nviz2.2_script).

Hope this helps.

--
Bob