[GRASS-dev] GRASS and QGIS on Win32, testing etc.

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 21 15:17:32 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> Cygwin is the old, stopgap method to get GRASS running in some way under
> windows. However, it is difficult to install, especially on lab machines and
> often conflicts with Byzantine Windows security measures. I believe the
> Cygwin is being maintained, but not being actively developed.

There's nothing to "develop".

Cygwin is just another Unix platform; if someone reports that
something doesn't work on Cygwin, it will get dealt with in the same
way as a report that something doesn't work on Solaris.

Even if the native Windows version obtains the same level of
functionality as the Unix version, some people may still want to use
the Cygwin version.