[GRASS-dev] r.colors -w ?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 01:25:49 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> from the manual:
>
> "If the user specifies the -w flag, the current color table file for
> the input map will not be overwritten. This means that the color table
> is created only if the map does not already have a color table. If
> this option is not specified, the color table will be created if one
> does not exist, or modified if it does."

Hamish needs to rtfm, ;)

Glynn:
> It isn't a new option; it has been there since at least 5.3, probably
> a lot longer. It allows you to add a colour table only if one doesn't
> already exist.

thanks, I've now changed the -w flag description in CVS to try and make
this a little clearer. It's been there since before GRASS 4.3 even. Back
then it's descr was "Don't overwrite existing color table". The negation
was removed after 5.0.0pre2 and it became "Keep existing color table".
Sometimes saying something in the negative is actually clearer, I guess.

> The -r option is new. It allows you to remove an overriding colour
> table in colr2/<mapset>/<name> and revert to the original colour table
> in <mapset>/colr/<name>.

nice.

Hamish