[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Fri Nov 9 05:34:56 EST 2007

Michael Barton wrote:
> Glynn, Moritz, and Benjamin,
>
> Tried this and it worked fine. Downloaded and installed the current (2
> November) binary and still have the same problem.

To re-iterate Moritz's line of thought: were is the data stored? Are you
accessing it over the network? Could there be a permissions problem with
Javier's user account? Is he allowed to look into the folders for the
mapsets?

> Now were are constantly getting an error with dbf.ext when we are trying to
> create points from a DBF table (only 6 points). The table is fine (checked
> in OpenOffice).

Some troubles with the DBF driver on Win have been reported on the QGIS
mailing list as well, but this seems to be a separate issue. What
exactly is the error message?

> If there is a problem with Javier's installation, what do we need to do to
> completely clean it off and try again? (maybe keep TclTk since it seems to
> be OK?).

WinGRASS does no tinker with any system files. Simply delete the whole
installation folder and you are rid of it.

Benjamin

> Michael
>

> On 11/6/07 8:53 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>>> I agree that it certainly looks like the problem code is
>>>
>>> glob -nocomplain $path/*
>>>
>>> "glob" ought to work because it is pure TclTk in this case (although
>>> identical to the unix command). What about the "*"?
>>>
>>> I don't know how to test this on Windows. Suggestions?
>> Run tclsh in a console, and type e.g.:
>>
>> glob -nocomplain C:/*

> Director of Graduate Studies
> Center for Social Dynamics and Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany