[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 9 09:32:19 EST 2007

Hi Benjamin,

On 11/9/07 3:34 AM, "Benjamin Ducke" <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>> Glynn, Moritz, and Benjamin,
>>
>> Tried this and it worked fine. Downloaded and installed the current (2
>> November) binary and still have the same problem.
>
> To re-iterate Moritz's line of thought: were is the data stored? Are you
> accessing it over the network? Could there be a permissions problem with
> Javier's user account? Is he allowed to look into the folders for the
> mapsets?

Sorry. Forgot to mention. All are in C:/grassdata. We've checked permissions
and even copied files locally to make sure of ownership. There no problem
USING the maps as long as we type their names into the GUI entry boxes.
There is simply the problem of SEEING the maps in the TclTk directory
listing.

I simply have no idea where this problem is localized. If someone can
install the new binaries from scratch and test it would be helpful (I'll try
to find someone here to do that too).

I don't know whether it is a particular problem with Javi's machine or a
general problem that binary maintainers can't see because you've installed a
lot of stuff to compile GRASS.

>> Now were are constantly getting an error with dbf.ext when we are trying to
>> create points from a DBF table (only 6 points). The table is fine (checked
>> in OpenOffice).
>
> Some troubles with the DBF driver on Win have been reported on the QGIS
> mailing list as well, but this seems to be a separate issue. What
> exactly is the error message?

Javi will email me this and I'll forward it on. When we look at details, it
claims a problem with a dll (don't remember which one).

Also getting an error on gdal import complainging about a gcs.cvs file

=====

ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
directory containing EPSG csv files.

=====

But we have a LOT of these and they seem to be in the right places.

=====

gcs   grass/share/gdal
gcs   grass/grass-6.3.csv/etc/ogr_csv
gcs   C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS
gcs   C:\Program Files\Data Interoperability Extensions\Reproject\epsg

=====

>> If there is a problem with Javier's installation, what do we need to do to
>> completely clean it off and try again? (maybe keep TclTk since it seems to
>> be OK?).
>
> WinGRASS does no tinker with any system files. Simply delete the whole
> installation folder and you are rid of it.

Thanks!

Michael

> Benjamin
>

>> Michael

>>> Run tclsh in a console, and type e.g.:
>>>
>>> glob -nocomplain C:/*

>> Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>> Director of Graduate Studies
>> School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>> Center for Social Dynamics and Complexity
>> Arizona State University
>>
>> phone: 480-965-6213
>> fax: 480-965-7671
>> www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton