[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 9 10:01:04 EST 2007

On 09/11/07 15:32, Michael Barton wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> On 11/9/07 3:34 AM, "Benjamin Ducke" <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
>

>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>> Glynn, Moritz, and Benjamin,
>>>
>>> Tried this and it worked fine. Downloaded and installed the current (2
>>> November) binary and still have the same problem.
>> To re-iterate Moritz's line of thought: were is the data stored? Are you
>> accessing it over the network? Could there be a permissions problem with
>> Javier's user account? Is he allowed to look into the folders for the
>> mapsets?
>
> Sorry. Forgot to mention. All are in C:/grassdata. We've checked permissions
> and even copied files locally to make sure of ownership. There no problem
> USING the maps as long as we type their names into the GUI entry boxes.
> There is simply the problem of SEEING the maps in the TclTk directory
> listing.

Could you also tell us which version of windows this is ?

> I simply have no idea where this problem is localized. If someone can
> install the new binaries from scratch and test it would be helpful (I'll try
> to find someone here to do that too).

I'll try that as soon as I have the time, but that won't be before next
Wednesday or Thursday.

> I don't know whether it is a particular problem with Javi's machine or a
> general problem that binary maintainers can't see because you've installed a
> lot of stuff to compile GRASS.

One of our students has been testing wingrass and hasn't reported this
issue.

>>> Now were are constantly getting an error with dbf.ext when we are trying to
>>> create points from a DBF table (only 6 points). The table is fine (checked
>>> in OpenOffice).
>> Some troubles with the DBF driver on Win have been reported on the QGIS
>> mailing list as well, but this seems to be a separate issue. What
>> exactly is the error message?
>
> Javi will email me this and I'll forward it on. When we look at details, it
> claims a problem with a dll (don't remember which one).

The problems reported with the dbf driver recently are due to some bug
in the driver which keep inserts and updates from working. But I have
not had any reports about a dll issue.

How are you creating the points ?

> Also getting an error on gdal import complainging about a gcs.cvs file

Haven't used gdal import for a while in wingrass, so will test that.

> =====
>
> ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
> Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
> directory containing EPSG csv files.

Have you tried setting this ?

Just to be sure: could you tell us how exactly Javi launches wingrass
and what is the content of his grass63.bat file ?

Moritz