[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 9 10:25:24 EST 2007

Hi Moritz,

See some answers below. I'm copying Javi so that he can respond directly
too.

On 11/9/07 8:01 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 09/11/07 15:32, Michael Barton wrote:
>
> Could you also tell us which version of windows this is ?

Windows XP (I don't know if there is a specific version number or not. I can
ask him in the lab later this morning). It is an English-language version of
XP, so there are not undetected issues with languages and translations.

>> I simply have no idea where this problem is localized. If someone can
>> install the new binaries from scratch and test it would be helpful (I'll try
>> to find someone here to do that too).
>
> I'll try that as soon as I have the time, but that won't be before next
> Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks.

>> I don't know whether it is a particular problem with Javi's machine or a
>> general problem that binary maintainers can't see because you've installed a
>> lot of stuff to compile GRASS.
>
> One of our students has been testing wingrass and hasn't reported this
> issue.

This is a help. I'm going to try to get a student in my lab to try it too.

>>> Some troubles with the DBF driver on Win have been reported on the QGIS
>>> mailing list as well, but this seems to be a separate issue. What
>>> exactly is the error message?
>>
>> Javi will email me this and I'll forward it on. When we look at details, it
>> claims a problem with a dll (don't remember which one).
>
> The problems reported with the dbf driver recently are due to some bug
> in the driver which keep inserts and updates from working. But I have
> not had any reports about a dll issue.
>
> How are you creating the points ?

v.in.db. We are using a dbf file that we've created in OpenOffice (to avoid
Excel issues). It certainly looks perfectly good.

>> Also getting an error on gdal import complainging about a gcs.cvs file
>
> Haven't used gdal import for a while in wingrass, so will test that.
>

>> =====
>>
>> ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
>> Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
>> directory containing EPSG csv files.
>
> Have you tried setting this ?

How would we go about setting this?

> Just to be sure: could you tell us how exactly Javi launches wingrass
> and what is the content of his grass63.bat file

He launches it from a shortcut on the desktop to the grass63.bat file (I
don't know where the original is, but will ask him). I can ask him to send
you his bat file too. I think he got it from your site.

Thanks for all the help.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity