[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 9 13:04:40 EST 2007

On 09/11/07 16:25, Michael Barton wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> See some answers below. I'm copying Javi so that he can respond directly
> too.
>

> On 11/9/07 8:01 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/07 15:32, Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>> Could you also tell us which version of windows this is ?
>
> Windows XP (I don't know if there is a specific version number or not. I can
> ask him in the lab later this morning).

I don't think this is necessary.

>>> I don't know whether it is a particular problem with Javi's machine or a
>>> general problem that binary maintainers can't see because you've installed a
>>> lot of stuff to compile GRASS.
>> One of our students has been testing wingrass and hasn't reported this
>> issue.
>
> This is a help. I'm going to try to get a student in my lab to try it too.

Please also try it with the spearfish demo location.

>> How are you creating the points ?
>
> v.in.db. We are using a dbf file that we've created in OpenOffice (to avoid
> Excel issues). It certainly looks perfectly good.

It is quite probable that this will probably not work because of the
current bug in the dbf driver. Although AFAICT this should not cause a
windows dll error...

Could you try creating an sqlite table with the same data and use
v.in.db on that ?
You have to make sure that the sqlite executable (and I think library)
are in your path.
You can set the PATH in the grass63.bat file:
set PATH=%PATH%;PathToSqliteBin;PathToSqliteLib

>>> Also getting an error on gdal import complainging about a gcs.cvs file
>> Haven't used gdal import for a while in wingrass, so will test that.
>>
>>> =====
>>>
>>> ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
>>> Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
>>> directory containing EPSG csv files.
>> Have you tried setting this ?
>
> How would we go about setting this?

Try setting it in the grass63.bat file:

set GDAL_DATA=

But is this a GRASS variable or a GDAL variable ?

Moritz