[GRASS-dev] help file incorrect for v.in.ascii

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:37:05 EST 2007

I just tested something and found out that the helpfile is incorrect for
v.in.ascii (although  my often faulty memory was correct).

The helpfile says that you can specify which columns are used for the x and
y coordinates. However, this generates an error.

I remembered that in the past, the x and y columns MUST be the the first 2.
When we changed our text file to have x and y in columns 1 and 2, it reads
the file fine.

We¹re doing this with GRASS 6.3 on Windows AND Mac.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213