[GRASS-dev] GRASS cvs for Mac compilation fails for OS X 10.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Nov 17 11:24:37 EST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Here is the error.
>
> /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/scripts/gis.m: line
> 17:
> /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/wish: No such
> file or
> directory
> /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/scripts/gis.m: line
> 17:
> exec: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/wish:
> cannot
> execute: No such file or directory
>
> When I try to run wish, this is what I get
>
> wish
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/X11R7/lib/libX11.6.dylib
>  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libtk8.4.dylib
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

Oh, that's bizarre.  Nothing to do with Leopard, though.  Things to
check:

- Is there a wish, or any tcltk libraries, in the newly-installed
GRASS app package?

- if not, were there any errors in the make (not install) stage?  try
make inside the macosx folder.

- where is your tcltk installed (from those many months ago)?  /usr/
local/tcltk, as in my instructions?  And is this what you configured
GRASS with? (just checking)

- is there really a /usr/local/bin/wish and /usr/local/lib/libtcl and
libtk?  Sounds like you may have installed some software that
installed another copy of tcltk (which is broken because it's looking
for /usr/local/X11R7).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect