[GRASS-dev] things to do before the 6.3.0 release

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 02:24:37 EST 2007

Hi,

two issues I'd like to bring up before 6.3.0 is released:

1) Export Max Res PPM in NVIZ is broken in 6.3. In the 6.2 branch we changed the default rendering mode so it would work for everyone. In 6.3 we left it broken so that the issue wouldn't be forgotten. Shall we port the work-for-everyone patch from 6.2 to the 6.3.0 branch?

2) d.vect default render mode in 6.3 has been changed to "l" from "g". For me (using xmons) this creates poorly rendered polylines and lots of bad artifacts in the "whitespace padding" at the edges.
see examples here:
  http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/bugs/d.vect/

 (IIRC the min line width!=0 problem shown at the bottom of that page has been corrected)

Due to this I propose the default rendering should go back to "g" in the 6.3.0 release branch.

Hamish