[GRASS-dev] r.neighbors help file

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Fri Oct 5 20:22:00 EDT 2007

On 5 Oct 2007, at 18:40, Trevor Wiens wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 23:23:57 +0100
> Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Trevor Wiens wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that the options listed in the help are based odd
>>> number up
>>> to 25. However, at least with the 6.3 cvs version, any value is
>>> accepted and in looking at the code there is not apparent reason
>>> larger values shouldn't work. I tried it and it seems to run fine
>>> and
>>> accurately with values of 31 or 35.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something or does the help page need to be updated?
>>
>> Fixed in CVS.
>
> I just checked
>
> http://www.grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r.neighbors.html
>
> and found the following text in the options section of the help page.
>
> Neighborhood Size: The neighborhood size specifies which cells
> surrounding any given cell fall into the neighborhood for that
> cell. The size must be an odd integer. Options are: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9,
> 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 25. For example,

It just needs time to propagate - Glynn has changed the
description.html in the source directory for that module to read:

"The neighborhood <EM>size</EM> specifies which cells surrounding any
given
cell fall into the neighborhood for that cell.
The size must be an odd integer.
For example," ...

The web site is built from the CVS tree once per day (if I recall
correctly), unless Markus manually runs the update script.  Therefore
it will take a while before the correction shows up on grass.itc.it,
and then perhaps another day before it shows up mirror sites.

Apologies if I've missed your point...

Scott