[GRASS-dev] bug in v.surf.bspline?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:45:27 EDT 2007

It's completely flat. I just did another test. If I use a vector attribute
column in layer 1, the entire interpolated map has a value of 0 for all
cells. If I create a 3D vector with the same data and set layer=0 so that it
uses z values, it works fine.

So I guess it sounds like a bug.

Michael

On 10/11/07 1:56 AM, "Roberto Antolin" <roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it>
wrote:

> Hi Michael and all,
>
> Michael Barton escribió:
>> However, if I try to specify a vector column as the basis for interpolation,
>> it will go through fine, but the result is a flat map. That is, it seems not
>> to correctly recognize a column specified for interpolation. I set layer=1,
>> but don't see what else I should do. Any suggestions?
>
> Is it completely flat? I mean, did you try to take a look to the raster
> values? Time ago, border errors (due to the interpolation) made
> visualization a bit odd because, in borders, v.surf.bspline try to
> interpolate to zero. So depending on the values you want to interpolate
> it will seem that the whole raster has the same value but really it
> hasn't. I thought this error was fixed already, though. Which version
> are you using?
>
> I don't know whether is this or not, so let me know and I'll proceed
> with the bugfixing -in case there exits any bug ;)-. In the meanwhile
> I'll try to find the dataset I used in my tests and I'll check too.
>
> Regards,
> Roberto.

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity