[GRASS-dev] OSX FFMPEG build instructions available

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 06:43:21 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:
> It only uses MPEG-1. There's a compile-time option to use XviD, but
> that gives you a "raw" XviD stream (no AVI etc container), which isn't
> much use.

FWIW mplayer will play the raw Xvid stream without complaint. Actually it
wasn't until I tried to give someone else a copy of one of my animations that I
noticed things were not fully cooked, several months after putting in the Xvid
hack.

I would guess the ffmpeg library provides some way to the add the container,
but I've no idea how. At the time I remember searching the web for some sort of
documentation, example, or post-processing trick (e.g. mencoder rebuild index),
but to no avail.

Maybe the new method in Bob's patch helps?

Hamish