[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 6 16:08:22 EDT 2007

Ah, got it on the first try (Color Laserjet 8550).  I used:

lpr -o position=center mapout.ps

I figured that the left/right/top/bottom params were unnecessary
since the center param would set those implicitly.

When I opened it in Preview, the message about converting PS to PDF
tells me that that is probably why it works from Preview to the Epson
- the Epson drivers, or maybe CUPS, can render PDF (the core of the
OSX display system, and much if not all of the printing, is PDF-
based).  And many modern printers support PDF natively.

Maybe if you can generate a PDF from Tcl and pass that to lpr?

Or look at that Gimp/Guten-print driver for your Epson.

On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> William,
>
> I've put the PS map into
> . Let me know if
> you can get it to print nicely on your HP.
>
> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan